Thursday, August 23, 2007

Jet Flight (Las Vegas to Jacksonville, FL)

Here are a few pictures from the jet flight from Las Vegas, Nevada to Jacksonville, Florida.

Itinerary: Henderson Airport (Las Vegas) to OUN in Norman, Oklahoma (We flew over Clinton on the descent into Norman. We were in Norman 15 minutes after overflying Clinton); OUN to Craig Airport in Jacksonville, Florida.

I flew the jet from the right seat from Las Vegas to Norman. Clint, my flight partner, flew the jet from Norman to Jacksonville. What a rush!Clint, my flight partner, in the right seat on the way to Jacksonville...the founder of the company is in the left seat. In this shot, we are about to fly near the anvil of a thunderstorm that is in the dissipating stage. The lightning strike finder indicated that this cloud was a minimal threat.

Here's a shot of my turn to rotate and fly the jet out of Las Vegas. I'm concentrating intently on keeping the attitude indicator coincided with the flight director (fancy talk for just putting the airplane where it's supposed to go)

Derrick and me doing the before-takeoff checklist in Las Vegas at Henderson Airport

The classic "I'm really here in a jet cockpit" pic.

The Citation Jet on the ramp at Henderson Airport before we left.

No comments: